Before I get to talking about the pasta, LOOK at these stone crab claws:
Aren’t they beautiful? Our local seafood market had tons of these today and I just had to get them. They were like lobster-crab claws. So good. If you have these available to you, GET THEM.
Anyways, the pasta. Of course, during our trip to the seafood market, I had to get the royal reds. By royal reds, I mean sweet baby Jesus shrimp that taste like lobster butter. So with these, I decided to make some pasta for dinner with super simple ingredients. And of course, some Slap Ya Mama spice. If you don’t have this available to you, I suggest using some cayenne pepper and garlic salt.
Serves: 2 people
Time: 20 minutes
Pasta of your choice (I used spaghetti today)
1/2 onion, finely diced
2 large cloves of garlic, finely diced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
8-10 deveined shrimp
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama
2 tablespoons butter
1. Get your water boiling for your pasta.
2. In a sauce pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add the onions and mushrooms. Sauté until caramelized over low-medium heat.
3. Add the garlic and sauté for a couple minutes.
4. Add your cooked pasta and remaining butter.
5. Add the cream, shrimp, and cheese and mix thoroughly. Let simmer for 1 minute while mixing.
6. Serve with grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!